Download Full Text (23.1 MB)
Christian Journal, Volume 2, Numbers 25-29, September, 1843
This is a sixteen-page weekly. The page numbers for September are 17 - 96.
Robert French Ferguson (1790 - 1862) is editor. Samuel M. Scott (1777-1852) is publisher and functions as associate editor but is not so identified.
Notable items in the issues for this month:
- correspondence from James Fishback
- details about the upcoming debate between Alexander Campbell and Nathan Lewis Rice in Lexington, Kentucky
- George W. Elley's (1801-1884) review of Fountain Elliott Pitts' (1808-1874) Tracts on Campbellism, an attack on Alexander Campbell's views on baptism
- articles by H. T. Anderson
- Part 13 of a discussion between James Shannon and N. L. Rice on the New Birth
- a list of agents in Kentucky for the Christian Journal.
- an autobiographical sketch by Benjamin Franklin Hall (1803-1873) for the mid-1820s
- list of agents for the Christian Journal in states other than Kentucky.
- Methodism No. 2, by M. C. Tiers, runs from page 81 to the first column of page 83
- Part 14 of a discussion between James Shannon (1799-1859) and Nathan Lewis Rice (1807-1877) on the New Birth
Robert French Ferguson (1790-1862), Christian Journal, Weekly Stone-Campbell Movement Periodicals, Nathan Lewis Rice (1807-1877), James Shannon (1799-1859), Samuel M. Scott (1777-1852), Montgomery Cheeseman Tiers (1820-1905), Henry Tompkins Anderson (1812-1872), Benjamin Franklin Hall (1803-1873), James Fishback (1776-1845), George W. Elley (1801-1884), Fountain Elliott Pitts (1808-1874), Attacks on Campbellism
Ferguson, Robert French, "Christian Journal, Volume 2, Numbers 25-29, September, 1843" (1843). Christian Journal (Harrodsburg). 9.