Browse Research and Scholarship Follow
This repository is a service of the Disciples of Christ Historical Society.
To return to the DCHS Web Site, click here
If you are aware of something in our collection that you would like for us to add to Digital Commons, please send email to Request Additional Items
Notice to users: The copyright law of the United States (17 U.S. Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. One of these specific conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be “used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research.” If a user downloads a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of “fair use,” that user may be liable for copyright infringement.
Notice and Takedown Policy
Notice to users: These materials are made available for educational and scholarly use. The Disciples of Christ Historical Society (DCHS) attempts to ensure that it has appropriate rights to provide access to content through our Digital Commons.
If you are a rights holder and are concerned that you have found material posted on the DCHS Digital Commons without your permission and believe our inclusion of this material on the DCHS Digital Commons violates your rights (e.g., inclusion is not covered by the Fair Use or other exemption to a copyright holder’s rights), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- Your contact information (including email address and phone),
- Exact URL where you found the material,
- Details that describe the material (title, collection name, number of items, etc.),
- The reason why you believe that your rights have been violated, with any pertinent documentation,
- A statement that you in good faith believe that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law, and
- A statement that the information in your notification is accurate and that you are the rights holder or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
Upon receipt of a request, DCHS staff will:
- Promptly acknowledge the request via email or other means of communication if you do not have an email account;
- Assess the validity of the request;
- Upon request, we may temporarily remove the material from public view while we assess the concern.
Upon completion of the assessment, we will take appropriate action and communicate that action to you.