Download Full Text (41.6 MB)
The Gospel Echo, Volume 7 (1869)
In 1868 John Clopton Reynolds purchased the Gospel Echo from E. L. Craig and moved it to Macomb, Illinois.
In 1869 James Harvey Garrison joined the staff as Associate Editor.
Pages 464 and 465 were badly smudged on the microfilm and are unreadable in the PDF.
Between the July and August issues, there is a four page "Extra" announcing the merger of the Christian Herald and the Gospel Echo. To locate it, type 288 in Acrobat's page sequencer. It begins on the following page.
John Clopton Reynolds
Gospel Echo, Illinois Stone-Campbell Periodicals, John Clopton Reynolds, James Harvey Garrison, Christian Herald, Macomb, Illinois, John W. Karr, Eureka, Illinois
Reynolds, John Clopton and Garrison, James Harvey, "The Gospel Echo, Volume 7 (1869)" (1869). Gospel Echo. 4.